Thursday, February 28, 2019

Assignment; Bias, Rhetorical Devices, Argumentation

An modelling of bias within this speech would be to point surface and chance upon public the dishonesty, the downright villainy, of Boss Jim W. Gettys political machine immediately in complete control of the government of this state One example of fallacies that I found in this speech was Now, however, I have something more than than a hope. And Jim Gettys Jim Gettys has something less than a chance. all(prenominal) straw vote, every independent poll shows that Ill be elected. Now I elicit afford to play some promises Some rhetorical devices found in this speech were alliteration Now, however, I have something more than a hope.And Jim Gettys Jim Gettys has something less than a chance. Every straw vote, every independent poll shows that Ill be elected. Now I can afford to make some promises Alliteration The working universe The working man and the slum child k without delay they can watch my best efforts in their interests. The decent, ordinary citizens know that Ill do everything in my precedent to protect the underprivileged, the underpaid, and the the underfed Alliteration Heres one promise Ill make, and boss Jim Gettys knows Ill control it Hyperbole with one purpose only to point out and make public the dishonesty, the downright villainy, of Boss Jim W.Gettys political machine now in complete control of the government of this State Paradox Well, Id make my promises now if I werent too busy arranging to keep them. The speaker address arguments in the first paragraph of the speech by stating that because of Jim Gettys control he had no hope of being elected. In the second paragraph however, he reinforces that he is being elected by stating, Now I can afford to make promises By doing this, he is preparing to address any effectiveness counterarguments by shaping his speech to combat what the opposition might say.

No comments:

Post a Comment