Thursday, January 31, 2019

6 Months Later :: essays research papers

6 Months LaterNow that Lennie is step up of the way, I guess that I discount actually do somethingwith my life. But, Its been 6 months since leaving the farm and I still donthave a job. Oh, heres a sign. A mentally handicapped hospital needs anat raceant. I can do that, and it pays well too. $ one hundred fifty a month. "At that rate,Ill be commensurate to get that land soon enough. Aint that decently," I asked Candy? "Wesure are," he replied with enthusiasm. As we stepped into the complex, the firstthing I saw was the reception desk with a young, pretty, receptionist sittingbehind the desk, polishing her nails. Lennie would have enjoyed watching her Ipondered. She asked us what we wanted, and I told her that we were yet here tofind out bout the job. After getting a quick everyplaceview and job description, Iwas ready to work right away. Candy was also lucky enough to get hired as anurse for $100 a month. I stepped into the bedroom and I saw about 25 kidssitti ng around a old man, listening to a story. As I stepped in, thestory teller stepped over to me and told me what I had to do. Educate them andtalk to them. That was it. I was getting paid $150 just to teach a group ofhandicapped kids. I sit down down next to the story teller, Bob, and I looked aroundand carefully observe them. As I did this, I could see Lennies face flashingin my mind. What was happening to me. Why couldnt he just leave me alone. Isurvived through my first day of work, reluctantly. The hospital also providedhousing. That night, I had the most august dream of my life. I could seeLennie petting hundreds of rabbits, one at a time. But he was crying andscreaming in rage. The rabbits were dying. "George, why do they die? Dont letthem die George, please. Can I still tend the rabbits? I know I done a badthing," exclaimed Lennie. I got up, screaming. "Lennie, please leave me alone,please," I asked. It was silent. Nobody was awake. I looked like a complet enut with all those kids, including Candy, staring at me. Candy just went back tosleep. He was the only one that could understand the pain that I was goingthrough. This happened to me several nights after the first nightmare. Each onewould comprise of rabbits, lots of them, and Lennie.

No comments:

Post a Comment